Sunday, January 24, 2010

U ROCK!

Hi all, I hope you are having a fun weekend! I just thought I would pop by with a card for you. I have been really loving my Cricut lately and every now and then I will flip through the booklets that come with each cartridge just to maybe spark some ideas for me. And when I flipped through my Graphically Speaking cartridge book I found this fire image that intrigued me and as I continued on with my search I found the guitar image on my Stamping Solutions cartridge and that was all I needed for some inspiration.


Everything else just kind of fell into place from there, the colors, the design, and THIS sentiment from Papertrey Ink. I think this could be a great card for a teen. I only wish now after seeing the card posted here that I should have done more to bling up the guitar a little, it looks a little plain jane to me, but I can always go back and add something to it before I send it to someone. What do you think, what could I add to the guitar to make it be more appealing to the eye? Or I even thought too that I could add a little glitter around the top edges of the fire to help make the card stand out a little more. Decisions, decisions.
Supplies:
card stock, patterned paper, stamp, ink - Papertrey Ink
marker - Creative Memories
border punch - Fiskars
die cut machine - Cricut
cartridges - Graphically Speaking, Stamping Solutions

2 comments:

  1. This is soo neat Julie! Hmmm...maybe twine or some thin wire to make the strings for the guitar? Maybe a light touch of glitter around the edges of the guitar too? I don't know, maybe cut out another shape and play before you actually do it on the real card.

    ReplyDelete