Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Tiny Little Corner of the Universe

I have never thought about sharing my scrap space until I was asked about it in an interview. I just figured it is such a tiny little spot in the corner of my dining room that I didn't think it was of any interest to anyone. I know I really enjoy looking at everyone else's space that I thought I would share mine, no matter how small it is. :o)

Here is the whole package. All of my scrap belongings in one little space. But everything in this space is near and dear to me. I am so passionate about my hobby that I truly love everything I own. Sometimes I wish I could expand more, but I think if I get too much stuff that a lot of my supplies would go unnoticed. This way with a small stash, I can use most everything I have on one project or another.

Here is the first extra thing I got for Christmas one year to help expand myself from just my desk. I love this rolling cart. I keep all my flowers, colors, ribbon, chipboard, some sizzix dies, and misc. stuff in here. On top of the cart is my container of adhesive and envelopes, more ribbon by PTI ( love that stuff) and a container for some more misc stuff like eyelets, epoxy charms, grommets, acrylic hearts and flowers and so on.

Here is my newest cart addition. I have quickly expanded my punch collection that I knew I had to get a storage unit to house it all. So, the first three drawers are all full of a variety of punches and the bottom drawer has all of my newest purchases. I like to keep those in one spot so if I need some new inspiration I know where to go.

All of my paper in this file organizer is sorted my color. I find that works for me best when I scrap. A lot of the time I just need a certain color to go with a LO and it is easy to just look at all my blue paper or whatever and go from there. All the patterned paper in this area is just some I collected from kits or here and there. I keep all my lines of patterned paper in the paper files on each side of my punches storage cart in the photo above. In the apothecary stand I have some adhesive, acrylic blocks, gems, 4x6 paper pads and a few other odds and ends. And to the left of this stand is all my PTI stamps and some Colorbox inks below them.
On the top shelf of my main unit is some magazines, sketch books, etc. and in the first three blue binders are the rest of my clear stamps. In the black binder is my rubons, the burgundy binder is my stickers, and the gray binders hold all my letter stickers. Next shelf down holds my xyron machine, markers and more chipboard in the gray container, big bite, zutter binder, ellison tagalong, and all my sizzix alpha dies. Next shelf down is some misc. papers and juck, glitter, paint, scissors, personal trimmer, stickles and then I have my cricut cartridges and lastly my Stampin Up! stamps. On the main desktop I have my Epic Six, old Sizzix die cutter, PTI ink and PTI paper. And in my top drawer I have all the rest of my stamps like background stamps and such and the other two drawers hold more tools and blank mini albums just waiting to be used.

Sorry if this is long winded, but I don't know how to use photo shop to edit my photos and put cute little numbers and list the stuff I have. Boy, I need to get more computer savvy because that would have been so much easier. LOL!! Thanks for stopping by to see my happiest spot in the world.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute story Julie! No place is too small when it comes to doing what we love, I love your space, very neat and tidy, so much cleaner than my messy area! Love the pull out drawers with all of your yummy punches!

    ReplyDelete