Thursday, January 7, 2010

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #21

So happy that another Raspberry Suite Color Challenge as been posted. And I have to tell you, I am in love with these colors. It took no time to come up with a card design because these colors were so fun to work with. Thanks for the inspiration, Dawn McVey.

I got a new Quickutz butterfly die from Two Peas last week and it is my new favorite. I am so in love with butterflies right now it isn't even funny and when 2Peas has Quickutz on sale I just had to have this die.
And thanks to Dawn's awesome tutorial on how to tie bows, I finally got the bow I have always wanted to tie. To think that it was so easy to do, but I just couldn't master it on my own. I think it is the flipping of the ribbon to make it lie flat after you make that first tie that made all the difference. Thanks, Dawn, will forever love making bows now.


And if you look closely, you can see that I made a plaid background with my Background Basics:Retro stamp set and my lemon tart and aquamist ink pads. So fun to do and love how it turned out.
Hope you all have a great weekend!!
Supplies:
cardstock, ribbon, stamps, ink - Papertrey Ink
border punch - EKSuccess
butterfly die - Quickutz
die machine - Epic 6 by Quickutz

18 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous. I hope she picks you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - I love your butterfly and tartan background - a super card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just amazing! Love that butterfly!
    Oh, that background! Will have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. This is really beautiful. I like evrything about your card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgosh, this darling! fabulous use of Dawn's color scheme:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!! This is super gorgeous, total winner here Julie! Love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a beautiful job on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous die! I can see why you had to have it! And great job on the bow :) I'm loving Dawn's videos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I'd be very proud of that bow - I've studied Dawn's Video and can't believe how simple it actually is to tie a bow LOL!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. PRETTY card! Love the plaid! Don't you just LOVE that sentiment??!! I have used it so much already and I just got it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card. I love the colors. I think I have to get that die too. I usually don't like big butterflies, but this one is gorgeous, especially the way you make it look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! WOW!! This is GORGEOUS! I love everything about it! Your blog is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun plaid and great border punch work. Way to rock Dawn's color challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card - that butterfly is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely gorgeous, Julie! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete