Thursday, April 23, 2009

Honorable Mention


I was checking out the Hero Blog this morning and found out I received an honorable mention for some bookmarks I made for Jordan and Zach. Click HERE to view the Hero Arts blog post. The challenge for the week was to make our own message either by using a variety of stamps to word it, or by creating our own message using Hero Arts letter stamps. I chose to create a message to my kids on a bookmark about how proud I was of their reading accomplishments with a variety of Hero Arts word stamps.

It turns out that not only did the kids really like the bookmarks, but now Zach has most of his class wanting some bookmarks as well. I may have to find some time to make these and give them away at the end of the year. It is a good way to encourage summer reading for the kids.

Supplies:
cardstock - Stampin Up!
patterned paper - BasicGrey
stamps - Hero Arts
felt stars - American Crafts
ink - Memento
thread - DMC
buttons - ?

No comments:

Post a Comment