Thursday, April 16, 2009

Get Well Card




Hi again. Back with another card for you. I have been slacking lately in my card making. It seems like life just gets too busy sometimes and we are in the midst of soccer season. Being the coordinators of our soccer program entails a lot of work sometimes, and painting the fields is one of those times. We are almost done though so maybe I won't be so tired at night to be able to stay up a little to create. Here's hoping because I am really missing it.
This get well card I created specifically for a little boy in our community who has just been diagnosed with cancer. We don't know specifically what kind of cancer he has, but any type of cancer is not good news. His name is Jace and any thoughts and prayers you can send his way would be greatly appreciated by his family. His parents mentioned that he enjoys getting cards, so I was happy to make this card for him. I plan on making another card that is more silly and fun, but this first card is to just let him know we are thinking of him and hope that he recovers well from his recent surgery.
Supplies:
cardstock: Stampin Up!
patterned paper: October Afternoon
stamp: Papertrey Ink
ribbon: American Crafts
ink: Memento
other: label punch (Stampin Up!), scalloped edge (Bazzill Basics Paper)

No comments:

Post a Comment