Sunday, March 1, 2009

3rd Grade


Here is a LO of Zach's first day of 3rd grade. I know that was back in August, but I just couldn't think of anything for his page. After you do umpteen zillion back to school layouts you lose a little creativity. When I lose fresh ideas for pages I like to turn to my Cricut diecut machine. I look over the cartidges I have to get some idea of what I would like on my page. And the funny thing is, I don't think I have put apples on any of my back to school pages yet. So there you go, an idea is formed. I paper pieced these apples. In case you don't know what that means, I first diecut the apple border in green, then in red and then in brown and after that is done, I cut the pieces how I like them and assemble them. Green was my background color, then I adhered the brown stems and finally I adhered the red apples. This way I show all the colors of the apple instead of cutting this apple border out in just one color (boring). For a little shine, I put some stickles glitter glue in the corners to make the apples look clean. Yum, appetizing. The LO turned out really simple, but I don't think it needs any more. And the list I wrote on the LO is the supply list for Zach's school year.

Products used: CS - Bazzill, PP - Sassafras & October Afternoon, Pen - Zig, Cricut Cartridge - Makin the Grade and Teardrop, Glitter glue - Stickles, Letter Stickers - ? (from Target $ spot)

No comments:

Post a Comment