Wednesday, May 6, 2009

We Are... Wildcats!!




I have another layout for you. This one was from a distressing challenge over at the Hero Arts Blog a couple of weeks ago. We had to have some sort of distressing on our projects. I chose to distress the edges of my star squares by fraying the edges and by inking them. I love how the look turned out. I also love this set of star stamps by Hero Arts. You can find them here. They are so great to use on boy cards and pages. Even though I have three boys myself, it is still hard for me to do masculine pages. They take me sometimes three times as long as the pages I create for my daughter. But, these star stamps sure have helped to make it a little bit easier for me. And even though you can't really tell, I hand-stitched the journaling lines for my story. Since the star stamp set gave me creativity to realistically finish this page in less than an hour, why stop at that and enjoy the extra free time. Let's go even farther and hand stitch on my page and add another 30-45 minutes. I just can't make it easy, can I? But, I still enjoyed the process.
Supplies:
cardstock - Stampin Up!
stamps - Hero Arts
ink - Colorbox (distressing), Memento (stars)
border punch - Fiskars
felt stars - American Crafts
letter stickers - Scrap Works
die cut letters - Ellison sunset alpha dies
thread - DMC

No comments:

Post a Comment