Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day Card




I can show you this card now for Mother's Day since the day has come and gone and the card delivered. I was so in love with Kristina Werner's color choices for the color inspiration #50 that I decided to do this Mother's Day card in those same colors. The brown and white are great neutral colors for the background and then when you add the red, yellow, and turqoise those colors really pop off the card at you. I didn't feel like I needed a lot of those colors since they are so vibrant and stand out so well. This card was really simple but pretty with the small spashes of color.
Since I am on the topic of mother's, just remember to always hold her close and enjoy every precious moment with her. It will give you so many memories to look back on and smile about if she should be called to her Heavenly Father too soon. It will be four years May 21st that my mother has been gone and I am so thankful for all the special memories we shared. I miss her more than my heart can handle sometimes, but I know she is always here with us being all her kids' #1 fan and supporter.
Supplies:
cardstock - Stampin Up!
stamps - Papertrey Ink
ribbon - Robert Stanley Collection
ink - Colorbox
other - butterfly punch Marth Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment