Thursday, June 25, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #10

Time for another color challenge by the ever talented Dawn McVey. If you are stopping by my blog for the first time, you will find out that I am a huge fan of Dawn's and love everything she creates. You absolutely need to visit her blog, just click on the link above to take you there, total eye candy. Dawn's blog is a blog I visit daily and I draw such inspiration from the beautiful cards she creates.


Don't you just love that embossed background by Quickutz. I was so happy this last weekend to be able to purchase that baby. I also purchased the embossed circles folder as well. If you would like to see the folders themselves click HERE for the diamond one and HERE for the circles one.

So much fun as usual making this card. I had to break out my new stamp set from Papertrey Ink. I have always wanted a cupcake set but none of the ones out there really perked my interest until this Papertrey Ink one was released June 15th. I bought it early morning at midnight to be sure I got one. Awesome set with great sentiments. Click HERE to see the full set. It won't disappoint.
As for the card, it is a 4.25 X 4.25 with rounded corners. I thought that gave it a more feminine touch. I plan on giving this card to my daughter so I tried to make it as girly as possible. I also added the pearls and the string bow to add some more girliness. I always think the smaller cards are the most fun to make. The best things come in small packages, right. ;)
Supplies:
cardstock - Papertrey Ink (pink and brown), Stampin Up! (other pink and cream)
stamps - Papertrey Ink
pearls - Hero Arts
embossing folder - Quickutz
ink - Memento (brown), colorbox (pink)
border punch - Fiskars

11 comments:

  1. so yummy! love everything about it! i bet i'll be seeing this one in the spotlight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the embossing! Top pick for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i told ya...congrats on making the spotlight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the embossing and pearls add so much elegance! Wonderful card!! Congrats on top pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo cute! Love the way you pulled the colors together! Congrats on the Spotlight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about your card! It's amazing! Congrats on making spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on making the spotlight!! This is a fab and sweet card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, now I'm hungry and it's all because of your cute card! :) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete