Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Warm Winter Wishes

Ahhh, just the sound of winter makes me cool off. After a long, cold winter I was so ready for summertime, but after these last consecutive days of heat indices over 100, I am ready for winter again. So funny.

Hopefully this card will help cool you off as well. I made this card for a recent submission call, but it wasn't picked up. I still love it though. It has cuteness written all over it.


When I think of winter, I think of snowmen. And as I was browsing through my Cricut Cartridges, this snowman from the DoodleCharms cartridge won my heart. He is just so cute and simple. For my card, I put him on a glittered snowy hillside out in the falling snow, also speckled with glitter.

Also, I created my card using the Storybook cartridge and I cut out two scalloped squares and adhered them together up top and tied it with ribbon for extra sturdiness.
Supplies:
cardstock, ribbon, stamps (polka dots, sentiment) - Papertrey Ink
Ink - Papertrey Ink, Tsukineko (black)
glitter glue - Ranger
die cut machine - Cricut by Provo Crafts (DoodleCharms, Storybook cartridges)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that snowman is just so adorable! This card makes me excited for the holiday! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...this is absolutely darling, love the cute card, you're right....way too darling in every aspect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this sweet card, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete