Monday, June 28, 2010

Sympathy Card

Hi everyone! We are back from vacation and let me tell you, we had a wonderful time. We went along the north shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota and it was absolutely beautiful. Loved every minute of it and a great time together as a family.

So, since I have been gone, I don't have a recent card for you but I do have an older one for you that I did for a submission call but it wasn't picked up. The call was for a sympathy card, and for these kind of cards I like to keep them simple. I usually always put some kind of flowers on the card because they make me think of peaceful things, and we all want reminders of that when a loved one has passed away.

This daffodil stamp is from Papertrey Ink from their year of flowers stamps. Every month Nicole Heady introduces a new flower for that particular month and this flower was from the month of March. You can view it HERE.

Supplies:
cardstock, patterned paper, stamps, ribbon, scalloped border die - Papertrey Ink
ink - Tsukineko
gems - Kaiser Craft
markers - Copic

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I really like how you colored the daffodil and your card size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This tall flower is absolutely stunning! I'm the same with sympathy cards, keep them clean and simple...a good thing! So happy you enjoyed your vacation, whohooo!! Can't wait to see your creations again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone need any graphic design or blog design hit me up rebekah.newby@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Julie! Sympathy cards can be tricky to make, but this one is beautiful! So simple and elegant! :-)

    ReplyDelete